- Mobile first: 80% of therapy clients seek counselors on their mobile phone. Get to the point quickly.
- Specialize unless you want to compete on price.
- Speak from the client’s perspective, solve their problems, not yours.
- Show some personality, be you!
Your Business Directory Listing Is Your Calling Card
Marketing your therapy business can be a challenge. Fortunately, CAP provides a great marketing opportunity to get your brand in front of thousands of potential clients via our Therapist Business Directory. To be effective, your listing needs to be complete and written to reflect your personality and professionalism.
- Profile pictures are particularly important to establish a connection with prospective clients. We recommend a friendly, professional-quality head-shot.
- Your business description helps a client see the benefits of your service, how you uniquely solve their problems. Avoid trying to be all things to all people. What makes your service unique? Who is your ideal client? Match your tone and voice to your ideal client profile. Include the keywords your clients use when searching for information about their problems.
- Include a call to action. What action do you want the user to take? Help them take the next step. If you want them to call for an appointment, say so.
- Is your profile current? Online users have short attention spans and demand instant results. An outdated profile raises questions in the user’s mind and the opportunity is lost.
- Insurance is important for many people seeking mental health services. If you take insurance, say so.
- Credentialling increases confidence for some clients. Take the time to list your degrees, state licenses, certifications, and additional training to show clients your qualifications and interests.